Monday, January 30, 2012

1/30/2012 - Good Days and Bad Days

1/30/12 - 8:45PM - We all have good days and bad days and so does Cletus. Today was a good day for me and for Cletus. Yes, it drives me crazy sometimes that my life seems to be consumed by Cletus and this insane diagnosis. Yes, I would like to be able to go out to dinner or catch a movie. Yes, I would like to be able to better afford all of the tests, medications, hospital visits, procedures, etc that Cletus now needs. 

Stepping back, I have to appreciate this moment. In this moment, Cletus is not in any pain. In this moment, Cletus is happy and playing and being a puppy. In this moment Cletus is still with me and when I look into those big beautiful brown eyes, that is all that really matters.

He has such a fantastic personality that he makes strangers fall in love with him with just one look. I am so proud that he is mine. We have to make him better.

I just need to find a way to make it through - financially and mentally. Financially, I am looking into getting help from the outside. I am trying to get the word out about Cletus and his unique diagnosis. It is hard to get people excited about open lipped schizencephaly when they can't even say it. I also set up a funding campaign at http://www.indegogo.com/ called "Find a Cure for Cletus". For the mental part, when I need to get out of the house (without Cletus), I will have to get a dog sitter (cheap dog sitter) to watch him for the hour or two I need to get away.

That's all for now, Cletus is ringing his bell to go outside...

No comments: